Friday, September 4, 2009

First things first...

Here is a view of the outside of our apt complex...totally boring and not at all unique. But given our budget, this is pretty decent! We gained a second bedroom, a large storage room, linen closet and more cupboard space. So for $65 a month more in rent, it's definitely worth it. Someday I'll be able to buy my own home, but for now, I'm going to make this as great as I can!!
This is my kitchen, note the weird island thingy. It's basically a cupboard on the floor, and apparently a standard feature in all the two bedrooms. If it were closer to the stove, with more counter space, then I could fit bar stools at it. As it is currently however, I don't consider that an option for two reasons: one, not space to walk in the hallway and two, no place to put your knee's, you'd have to sit sideways. So this will be my challenge, figuring out what to do with it from a design standpoint. Time will tell.
One of the few area's that is smaller here is the dining area, but given all the extra storage it shouldn't be an issue since I have other places to put things that used to live in my dining area (like my crafting things). I'm not a huge fan of the light fixture, it will be first to go in my purge of all things standard.
Here is my HUGE living room window...108" I believe, not a standard size, I'll have to buy a really long curtain rod.Bathroom, ugly tile, gross fixtures, need I say more? Not much I can do about the tile, but everything I can swap out...I will.



No comments:

Post a Comment